Interview or speed date?

Posted by CB , Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:44 p.m.

About a week ago, I went to a job interview for a hostess job at a restaurant in my city. I looked cute, wearing a cute red sweater and skinny black jeans with boots. The guy who was supposed to interview me wasn't there so I was interview by his associate/chef/waiter. The guy seemed to kinda be hitting on me-ish and of course I was on my best behavior, trying to impress for this job. He texts me after the interview, confirming the spelling of my name and it ends with that.

HOWEVER, I get a FB message today from him saying this: (translated after for you english folks)

salut, en fait..on ne se connait pas.. on s'est parlé l'autre jour au (nom du restaurant)..mais c'est a titre tout a fait personnel que je t'écris.. j'aurais tout simplement aimé t'offrir un verre, si ca peut t'intéresser... ce serait un plaisir de faire ta connaissance..alors..a la prochaine peut-être... (Son nom ici)
Hi, en fact..we don't know each other.. we talked the other day at (restaurant name)..but I'm writing to you about something personal..I simply would've liked to take you out for a drink, if that would interest you...I would love to get to know you..so..see you soon maybe... (His name here)
So he used my information from my resume aka my name, my cell number, to contact me on Facebook and ask me out.

I was traumatized! I went for a JOB interview, not a speed date! Now, I'm wondering whether this means I have the job or not and either way, this is the most unprofessional way to treat a future employee or even simply a candidate for a job! He used my personal information that I gave on my resume to APPLY FOR A JOB, to try and ask me out.

I sincerely hope he doesn't do this to everyone who applies but I wouldn't be surprised. And in the message, he says that we met at this restaurant and conveniently doesn't mention the fact that I applied for a job there.

This disgusts me. HAVE YOU NO SHAME YOU CREEPY MAN?
Not too sure what to answer yet, I'll wait and see.
 

1 Response to "Interview or speed date?"

Anonymous Says:

Ne pas répondre est la meilleure réponse, ça lui donnerait trop d'importance et il ne mérite pas que tu lui donne de ton temps.

Post a Comment