Where were you 2 years ago?

Posted by CB , Sunday, October 16, 2011 10:58 p.m.

A friend of mine recently reconnected with an ex from 2 years ago on Facebook and it got me to thinking,

Where was I two years ago?

Two years ago, at this time me and my boyfriend were living together after only a couple of months of living in Quebec. We had invited my friend and her boyfriend to our place for a fancy 'adult type' dinner, with wine and a home cooked meal. (you know, not my specialty of nachos and grilled cheese)

Now, I've gone back to my single girl lifestyle of KD and cheese and crackers with some occasional fancier cooking which reminds me that although I have changed alot from where I was 2 years ago, some things never change. I can cook salmon now but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop eating KD ;)

And the unexpected pop-in from men you'd almost forgotten about. Maybe you've both changed a bit and both learned from the 2 years apart.
And maybe, you still never want to see him again ;)

And the one lesson I think I've learned and want to teach is
Don't waste your time being sad about a man.
Life is too short and goes by too fast.
Cliché?
Yes but clichés only begin because the same things are often said. And often, they are true.

2 years ago, I was holding this dumb cat, not knowing yet that I was about to start living\hating this cat for the next year. You never know what will happen....
Where were you 2 years ago?

1 Response to "Where were you 2 years ago?"

Anonymous Says:

2 years ago i was at that fancy adult type dinner with you and your ex! I also thought at that moment that my relation ship would last until the summer, and i definitly thought that this cat was lovely ( which appeared to be a total mystake! )

These 2 years made me stronger and i think its important to let go and greater things can happen to you :)

ladies, don't be sad, be happy because your ex ( or whatever stupid guy ) probably made you learn stuff about life and yourself that will make you grow ! thank him for that :P

Post a Comment