Where were you two years ago? My story.

Posted by KB , Tuesday, October 25, 2011 1:13 p.m.

After reading Catherine's post about where she was two years ago, I started myself thinking about how much things have changed in the past two years.

Two years ago was the worst chapter of my life so far. Two years ago is the reason why I was inspired to start this blog with Catherine a couple months ago, it is the reason why I hated men so badly. I was recovering from the relationship that left me so wounded. This may sound tragic and extremely serious, it sort of is. But fear not, the chapter is closed.


So okay, enough suspense. Three years ago, I started dating this guy. Let's name him Mr.X, even though we should call him the Devil. So yes, we started dating, and in the beginning it was very unofficial, foggy and sneaky. ( if you're wondering why, it is because I dated one of Mr.X's best friends before, so he was sort of breaking the BroCode: you don't date your friend's ex.) So after a couple months, I decided to stop with all the bullshit and ask him straight up to either admit we were exclusive or let me go. Being the great catch that I am, Mr.X obviously decided to call me his girlfriend.


The relationship lasted about two years, but the last year was pure torture. I will not go into details about how bad, abusive and poisonous the relationship was, but what I will say is that I should've never commited to this person. I guess the wise thing to say here is that you learn from your mistakes and that you have to take risks to realize what you want and what you deserve, but to be honest, this was one lesson I didn't have to learn. It was not essential to my life, and it wasn't something I had to go trough to become a better person.




I often think back to that moment, and wish I could've done it differently. But I can't. Since I had hit rock bottom and was in a very dark place, it took me about a year (from august of last year to this summer) and a lot of personal work and effort to get back to my usual self (can you really go back though?).


Today, even though I still live with the consequences, I think back to how things have changed. I've grown so much, and even though I will always hate him for what he did, I'm glad I found the inner strength that I knew I had. It is when faced with the biggest challenges that we can truly rise to the occasion and see how strong and determined we actually are. This strength is with me every single day. And even now, as I am falling in love with a great man and taking risks again, I know that I have to strength to deal with whatever happens.


Even though I dated the Devil and went through hell (pun intended), I am one hundred percent glad to report that good, genuine men are not yet extinct. I was blessed to find one, and I sincerely hope you will all have the courage and the strength to find yours, or at least give them the chance to find you.


- K

1 Response to "Where were you two years ago? My story."

Anonymous Says:

so ive been reading your posts for a while, and ive come to the conclusion that you seem very overdramatic.. and crazy.

Post a Comment